Sunday, January 20, 2008

Walking The Venice Canals


OK, so I know that I am back home, but I took so many photographs while in California, that I thought I would continue to post some of them. Some are just kind of family snapshots, but I post things like that from time to time. So I will probably continue to do that this week, for a while. We took a walk on the canals of Venice late one afternoon, and I was enjoying the long shadows behind the pedestrians. I was told that 20 years ago these canals were filled with junk and stagnant water. You would never guess that now, with small houses being torn down and three story homes being built on the previous foundation. This is definitely a high-rent district!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's so nice to see ur fotos of california. reminds me when i lived there. i regret not exploring the bridges around venice more....i wud love to live along the canal. yes, it was bad at one point and u darent go there lest u breath something noxious from the water!