Saturday, January 19, 2008

Field Trip


My daughter Liz and I took a field trip today and went to the newly renovated Griffith Observatory. This is one of the most popular destinations in all of Southern California, they say. It is a stunning Art Deco architectural structure built in the 1930's. I could probably shoot a week's worth of blog photos in one day here. But I will spare you, and just post three today. These arches surround the planetarium dome, and the combination of light and shade, and the brilliant blue sky stopped me in my tracks. The views from this spot are also astounding, overlooking Los Angeles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am proud of your restraint with commas, which made "my daughter liz" absolutely correct. way to go!

Ken Spencer said...

I pay strict attention when I know you are watching... :-)