Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cold Spring Harbor


I was on my way to my astronomy meeting when I drove through Cold Spring Harbor. I saw the orange patch of light in the sky and saw it reflected off the water, so I stopped to investigate. I thought I would find a kind of traditional seascape when I walked out to the dock. Instead I noticed that the wooden railings around the dock were illuminated by spotlights. That seemed to be an important part of the composition - a "something else" part of the photograph. So I walked along until I found an only partially illuminated section, and I composed the image around this feature.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, just an amazing composition.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!

diane

Anonymous said...

Striking!! bsk

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!