Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tough Year in the Garden


This has been a really tough year for the garden. This is, or was, a Purple coneflower, one of my favorite flowers. Are you impressed that I even know the name of a flower? We were away while the temperatures went over a hundred degrees, so there was no watering of the garden during such a difficult time. So this is the result. I will confess that photographing a garden in this condition is similar to photographing the abandoned buildings that I love so well. I try and find some kind of beauty in whatever I photograph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your knowledge! :-) All of the gardens are suffering.
Joan

Bunny said...

Ahhhh, I have taught you well grasshopper.

Ken Spencer said...

Bunny: Yes you have! And for that I thank you!