Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Eastbound at Sunset


Just after dinner yesterday, I headed out to Southold to do some observing with my telescopes. I was on the Long Island Expressway headed east, with the sun low in the sky behind me, just before sunset The sun was a brilliant orange, and illuminated everything with its glow. I was fascinated how it reflected off of the various surfaces, and reveals details in them we don't normally see when the sun is high. I also love the quality of it being nearly dark, and the cars being almost shadowy objects. I looked at the stars until nearly 1 AM and didn't get home until after 2 AM, so that's why this post is so late. For some reason, it doesn't show here in the photograph as colorful as it was, which is disappointing. Please click on the image to see it in a larger size, with better color.

No comments: