Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Italian Daughters


Amy and Liz decided to make fresh pasta one day, and then make ravioli with it. Amy has a pasta machine for rolling out the dough. One batch of ravioli was butternut squash with cheese, and the sauce was browned butter and sage! I thought I wanted something more traditional - until I tasted it. Wow! My mouth is watering just thinking about that. The other ravioli was filled with three cheeses and was in a marinara sauce. It took all day to make all of this. What a dinner! And I love the bare feet while cooking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture. Food sounds delicious!! Trace

Ken Spencer said...

It was stunning. I love pasta, but I *thought* that it had to be in some kind of tomato sauce. Imagine my surprise at how delicious what they made was.