Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Aftermath


After breakfast this morning I grabbed some rain gear and headed down the street to see what the harbor looked like with the high winds and the storm surge. It actually was not raining, but it was high tide. I was not prepared for what I found - a community gathering! There were people everywhere, looking at the flooding, taking pictures, and wading in the water. The extra high tide had completely flooded Shore Road, and had started up Laurel Avenue. But people were treating it like a celebration - everyone was talking to each other, and some were posing for family photographs while knee deep in the water. There was very little damage in town, although there were some large trees down, cutting power in some parts of town, including our house. I had to go to the closed Starbucks, and sit outside in my car to get wireless in order to post this. I posted a larger size image, so if you click on the picture you will see more detail.

No comments: