Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dandelion


Had to go to the city today for a meeting, and while walking up Sixth avenue saw this fountain. There are actually two of them in front of one of the buildings. I have seen these fountains before, but today they kind of jumped out at me. My first thought was that this looked like a dandelion, just after it turns all white before the wind blows all the seeds away. So I took a picture of it, of course. That way I could share it with you. And you might be amused. Or astounded. Or none of the above.

4 comments:

Photodude Images said...

I've always wanted to shoot this facing out in the other direction toward the intersection at night using a long exposure to get the moving car lights behind it. I wonder how that would turn out.

Anonymous said...

Love it. It does remind me of a dandelion. Maybe you should go back to NY and take a photo as "Photodude Images" suggests. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

It does look like a dandelion!
Looks refreshing for a hot summer day...bsk

Anonymous said...

As many times as I've seen that, I've never thought of it as a dandelion. And now that you've pointed it out, it doesn't look like anything else. Interesting how our brains work. Wonderful photo.

Diane