Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Favorite Tree


I was backing out of the driveway tonight, on the way to my astronomy meeting, and as I looked out my car window I saw this. I have never seen the tree in this light before! Evening sunlight on the trunk as the sun was setting gave an orange glow to the tree. It was accented by the cooler blue and green colors of the lawn in the background, making the orange color even more striking. I have photographed this tree so many times before, but today was about seeing it in a new way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous lighting. Glad you captured it.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Joan. There is an old photographer's saying, when someone asks "How did you GET that photograph?" and the answer is "f/8 and be there!" I was there at the right time, lucky me.