Friday, August 5, 2011

Mass MOCA


I made my annual pilgrimage to The Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in North Adams, Mass. I am never disappointed with what I find here - inspiration and surprise and brilliant creativity. It recharges me and my spirit. This is part of one exhibition by the artist Katharina Grosse. I don't know the name of this artwork. I couldn't find a card on the wall with a title. In another gallery she had a work entitled " One Floor Up More Highly." I will show you that one in a few days. Meanwhile there is this piece. She paints on the walls and floors of the galeries which is unusual. I found this absolutely striking! It stopped me in my tracks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors in this piece. I love that the floor looks as if the light is reflected off the wall and not that it was painted - very cool! bsk