Thursday, February 28, 2013

2190 Posts Equals 6 Years!


So this is fun...  Last night I just happened to check the number of posts I have made since the start of the blog, and saw that the number was 2190.  Not a significant number, it seems.  But just for the heck of it, I divided it by 365 days, and came up with exactly 6 years!  Wow!  A milestone, and I nearly missed it!  It is a nice feeling to have had the discipline to keep the blog going this long.  I was sitting in my easy chair and reading while having lunch, and put my glasses down on the book to rub my eyes.  Wow!  Wonderful what direct sunlight does.  And it is only for a brief period each year that the sun comes in the window on the second floor landing, and shines on where I am sitting.  In case you are curious, the book is "Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest K. Gann - the story of his early days in commercial aviation in the United States.  A stunning aviation book!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on six great years or should I say thanks for six great years of allowing us to see life through your eyes/mind. Each day I turn on my laptop I know that no matter what is happening in the world I can count on "A Picture Each Day" for something fun, different, weird or interesting. I toast to your next 6 years.

Anonymous said...

ditto.. congratulations and thank you for all of the posts! and thanks for the name of the book, i found myself curious when you said you were reading a book :).

ginger said...

six years and counting, as we are counting on you ... thank you ...

Anonymous said...

You should be very pleased with yourself for having not only your creative side providing enjoyment to many others but also for having the discipline to stick with something every day for six years. I've enjoyed the visual and mental stimulation of your blog -- especially in a era when there are more blogs than there are potatoes in Idaho. This is quality stuff, for free! What a contribution (i.e., GIFT) to the world. Thank you, Ken, for sharing a part of your life that means so much to you.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much. Does not seem possible that you have doing this for 6 years. Keep going! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ken! Nicely done. Looking forward to more, Stan

Anonymous said...

My family and I and your blog followers enjoy your journey through life with photos and commentary that we find entertaining, interesting and informative. We look forward to the next 2190 posts. Well done!!!

Ken Spencer said...

Wow. What lovely comments. Thank you all so much - I am really touched. I work on finding pictures, and trying to say something interesting about them every day, and I kind of forget that all of you are out there enjoying the posts. So thank you all for reminding me that you find all of this interesting. I am really touched.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congratulations for your 6 years of dedication for posting a picture a day...How nice for those of us who enjoy your photos and commentary. I am always learning something new. bsk