Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Compliment


When I returned from Philadelphia I had at least a week's worth of blog posts, but I came home to snow, and then there was fog, so that kind of took over the blog.  But I want to post some of the photographs that would have been posted already if the weather was more boring.  After wandering around in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, I decided to go out the front door and photograph the plaza and the stunning architecture of the museum.  Just outside the front door, I noticed the columns illuminated by sunlight reflected off the front of the building, and the glow was wonderful. So I pointed my camera straight up, and started shooting, when a man and his wife walked up the steps.  She said out loud, "What are you looking at?"   I said, "the columns", she looked up, and said to her husband. "Wow, look at this shot!"  Then she said to me "How did you FIND this?"  I said "I saw the light on the columns, and looked up."  Then her husband pointed his camera straight up and started shooting. So that felt like a nice compliment. For the technically minded, this is a mild HDR image, to keep the sky dark and yet allow detail in the columns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! So many of us walk around not looking up and seeing what you see.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Love this - the colors on the top of the columns, the Greek Key design, the cloud in between - great photo! bsk