Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stoplight


It never ceases to amaze me how I know so little about what drives me as a photographer, and what it is that makes me stop and take a picture.  You would think I might have a clue, but I don't.  I was sitting at this red light, where a small road meets a larger road and ends, thus the traffic light is on a pole on the opposite side of the road.  Behind the light is a historic colonial house in Roslyn.  The scene caught my eye for some reason - maybe because most traffic lights are way up high against a confusing background and this one is against a plain background, maybe because there is a window behind it, or maybe it's the contrast between the old and the new.    I haven't a clue, but I find this really fascinating.

1 comment:

ginger said...

fascinating, and it's beautiful. thank you