Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fog Week


I am not really going to post photos every day with fog in them, but I did do a whole bunch of photos the other morning. I was out shooting for a couple of hours. For two reasons - I really photographing in fog, and, in the middle of winter with bare trees, I find it difficult to come up with interesting landscape photos - until the fog comes along. So I will be posting a few more fog photos over the next few days. This scene, with the Sycamore trees alongside Hempstead Harbor is probably my favorite location for finding photos - unless, of course, you consider my Japanese maple tree. I love how the trees disappear into the fog in the distance. I do like this, but it is the expected thing from me. Let me see what else I can come up with. It looks better if you see it in the larger size, so please click on it. Thanks.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I have a beautiful black and white Ken Spencer "Trees & Fog" photograph dated 11/76 hanging in my home. I pass by it multiple times a day; this scene by the waterfront continues to bring back very happy memories of our time living in Sea Cliff.

Ken Spencer said...

Ah yes. And shot with a Hasselblad. It's a square photograph, looking along the sidewalk, before they put in the new metal railing.