Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"The Fog Comes on Little Cat Feet"



 Here's a lesson - I drove out to get bagels yesterday morning, and the trees along the shore were enveloped in fog. I thought that I would stop on the way back, because of the snow on the road, there was no space to park going in my direction. Not ten minutes later I returned and the fog was GONE! Yikes! So I drove home, had breakfast, and then noticed that it was foggy out in the side yard. So I drove down to the water and photographed for an hour or so. The lesson: Shoot it NOW, don't wait! Then I drove around town looking for other photographs that didn't involve the Sycamore trees all in a row by the water. I liked the shape of these trees and the variation in types of trees, up by the ball field.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title from Carl Sandburg's poem...bsk

Anonymous said...

Wow, so shooting pictures is the same as shopping. If you find something you can't live without, you have to buy it right then and not wait until it goes on sale because it won't be there. Guess it's that way with a lot of things. Seize the day.

Ken Spencer said...

I never thought of it exactly that way, but you are definitely correct. Like the Russian way of shopping - if it's on the shelf buy it NOW because it won't be there tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Cartier-Bresson call that Rhe "decisive moment?"

Then again, ol' Jacques never took images with a view camera while driving for bagels. Hmmm- Driving for Bagels- could this be a good movie title?

Sam