Saturday, February 2, 2013

In Tribute

I was making my run to the bagel store this morning, when traffic slowed and I came upon this - a giant American flag suspended between the extended ladders of two fire trucks. I don't think I have ever seen a flag this large! So the traffic was down to one lane moving slowly, and as I went by the firemen, I asked what the occasion was. "A funeral" he replied. Oh. I should have figured that out. It was a really impressive thing to see. I photographed this two different ways, by the way. Going south, the flag was backlit by the sun. This is the view coming back north, and the flag was front lit. When I was shooting, I thought the backlit shot was more dramatic, but I ended up choosing this instead. It showed more detail of the stars in the blue field.

No comments: