Friday, February 15, 2013

Shower & Sunlight


Is it obvious to you right away what this is a photograph of?  Take a minute and see if you can figure it out.  It was a brilliant sunny morning and I turned on the water in the shower, which in our house, is in the bathtub.  There happened to be a shaft of sunlight shining into the bathtub, and the brilliance and beauty of the water from the shower praying through the sunlight was mesmerizing.  So I broke my rule - I was about to step into the shower, and I didn't go get a camera.  Fortunately when my shower was done the sunlight was in about the same place, so I grabbed my camera and used a range of different shutter speeds - between slow and fast - to try and preserve in a still photograph, the sense of what I saw with my eyes.

No comments: