Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Can Take Pictures Here!

Oh happy day! I spent today at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and they allow photographs in the museum! So I was discrete, but I walked all around the museum looking at paintings, and photographing some of them to study later. I also looked for pictures for the blog - pictures of people in the museum looking at the artworks. I have a couple of nice things inside the museum, and some exterior photographs of interesting architectural details. It was so nice to know that I could take photographs whenever I wanted. It is not that I took a lot of photographs, it's just that I knew if I found something interesting I could photograph it. It left me with a wonderful sense of freedom. I love this view because of the strong perspective in the photograph - it reminds me of how exciting it was to learn how to draw objects using a vanishing point in fourth grade. I shot the scene with no one in it, and then spent a while waiting for people to come by, and when they did I shot them in the distance, then up close and in different parts of the rooms. This shot with the people in the distance is more interesting. But they couldn't be too large in the image, or it would distract from the perspective.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

The fan club wants to know if you ran up the Rocky stairs?

Ken Spencer said...

OF COURSE! The last time I was here, they had the
Rocky statue installed on the stairs. This time it was gone. Hmmmmmm...