Friday, May 3, 2013

A Do-Over


I decided after looking at the Dogwood tree today, that I wanted a do-over on yesterday's photograph.  So I went back and looked at the tree in different light.  The sunlight was shining directly on the blossoms, making them more prominent.  So this photograph shot from a low angle is perfect - you can see the constellation of blossoms, and, you can see the bare trunk and other bare branches beneath, showing that the rest of the tree is dead.


Then I backed away from the tree and stood up, and took this photograph.  At first glance it looks as if the tree is in full bloom.  It's kind of a pretty photograph, but if you enlarge it by clicking on it, you can see through the blossoms that the other branches are dead.  So my favorite of all the photographs is the first one on this page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the top one the best - it's in the "t" shape design. bsk