Saturday, May 11, 2013

"One, Two, THREE!"


I was standing outside one of the gardens at the Eastman House, when I heard a woman in a loud voice say: "One, Two, THREE!" and I couldn't imagine what was going on.  I stepped into the garden and saw this - on the count of three, she took the photo.  She was just a mom doing photographs of her children, and they are well trained!  I snapped off two shots really fast, then it was over.  Whew!  Then they moved to another part of the garden, and it started all over again: "One, Two, THREE!"  What's cute about this, is that the dog seems to be the only one who knows I am taking their picture. Please click on this so you can see it in more detail.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I love this! Great shot, I love that the dog is still and in focus and the subject is slightly blurry. Perfect.

Ken Spencer said...

Jackie: Thanks for your comment. I was SO afraid that the woman was going to stand up before I got the shot! Whew!

Anonymous said...

Another candidate for Cartier-Bresson's "decisive moment."

The irony is the "command line" called out in the quest for a perfectly non-candid shot. And, in Rochester, no less.

Sam

Photodude Images said...

Very classic

Anonymous said...

Another family who is "trained" for the photo op! And your line is "Smile or else" :-) bsk