Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day #1


Here's the thing - when I am looking for photographs each day, and nothing in particular is going on, it can be difficult to come up with something decent.  Then along comes an event like Memorial Day, and I am definitely "locked and loaded" and looking for photos.  And I find a lot of photos in a relatively short time.  So here is the first of my Memorial Day photographs.  There will be others.  There are actually two veterans riding in the back seat - you are seeing one vet's face, and another's arm.  But I love this shot because of all the bystanders cheering and waving flags.  That's what makes the photo for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, oh dear, why are they holding those flags backwards and upside down? They need to learn something about flag etiquette.

Ken Spencer said...

Well, if I were to guess, the "backwards" flag is only backwards for me. To them, it is arranged properly. The upside-down one is a whole other deal, however! They probably were not expecting to have their flag photographed.