Monday, May 13, 2013

Field Trip


My brother-in-law Vince and I went on a field trip today.  When I was at Eastman House, the woman at the cash register told me that when Ansel Adams came to Rochester many years ago, to do photographs for the University of Rochester, he also went to a place called Chimney Bluffs State Park. I had never heard of this but used Google Earth to look at the site, and you could see almost a mile of something that looked like sand dunes on the shore of Lake Ontario.  So we went there today and were amazed at what we saw.  The formations looked as if they belonged in Utah, instead of in New York State. We hiked for about three miles, along the very edge of cliffs that were a hundred feet above the water, and got some really interesting photographs.  Here Vince is working at carefully composing a shot.

1 comment:

Photodude Images said...

I guess global warming is real. It's only May 14th and all the snow in Rochester has already melted.