Friday, May 24, 2013

Have a Seat


I came out of Artisan Works, where the photo exhibit was, and I was walking to my car about a block away, and came across these chairs across the street.  I thought "What the heck is that?"  So I crossed the street to investigate.  I had some fun trying to figure out the best way to make an interesting picture of all this.  I am not exactly sure what this is, but I believe it is some form of public artwork.  The red elephant in the distance is a separate piece of art.  There were no labels on these pieces.  Note the scummy water in the seat of the nearest bench - unfortunately these benches are not useful for sitting.

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

These would be the perfect seats at a Rolling Stones concert.

Ken Spencer said...

Yeah, if you didn't mind sitting in something wet! Nice connection that I hadn't thought of.

Anonymous said...

You have succeeded in creating an image with a wonderful way of demonstrating the overall form as well as the "depth" of the seating arrangement- I'd have never thought of something so elegantly clever.

Sam thinks that the chairs are indeed public art of some sort- the base of each has a light-colored rectangle that may be a printed title or name plate for the artist (my image is too low resolution to be sure).

Perhaps the nearest seat is best reserved for politicians... .