Sunday, May 5, 2013

Inside Out


There is a house on the corner just up the road from us that has been there forever. It was sheathed with cedar shingles, weathered gray.  Recently some carpenters began working on the outside of the house.  But after a couple of days, instead of looking like some kind of minor repair work, it began to look like demolition.  They removed all of the exterior sheathing from around the whole house, and the complete roof over a small room on the other side of the house.  But they have left the interior lathe and plaster walls intact, so I think they are going to start rebuilding shortly.  I hope so.  I can't wait to see how this turns out.  I will keep you informed.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this photo. I don't know why but I love it. Maybe it's growing up in a house that was always under construction in one way or another. Love it.
Polly

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Polly! That is so interesting about growing up in a house that was always under construction. You know, when I talk about your dad, and I do that frequently, the first thing I say is that he was so brilliant, and that built his own house! I guess I forgot about the part where it was not finished for a long time. Thanks so much for your comments.