Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Garden Center


We went looking for a tree.  I found this.  We want a tree for the side yard, and have been visiting garden centers.  I always bring my camera, of course, and so I was looking for something to shoot.  The irrigation sprayer caught my eye right away - it was more interesting than plain old trees.  The trick was not to get soaked while doing this.  The misty background was only attractive when the sprayer head was in one particular position.  Only thing was, one second later the spray was pointing right at me.  I would try to snap and then jump.  I wasn't entirely successful, but the picture was worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This..................is an amazing shot !!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww. I would've loved this if the sprayer were hidden because then, with the mist and the dense leaves, I could have imagined that this was the entrance to an enchanteded forest. Beyond the trees is a stone castle with ladies in waiting. The beautiful queen and her soft-hearted king have freed their subjects, who were more like their children, to make their own fortunes. Sometimes they come back to visit, always being careful to preserve the hidden entrance that protects the royal couple from intruders. It's important, they say, to let the childless king and queen live out their fairytale until they are only legends.

Anonymous said...

Pretty picture. Love the colors.Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments. Believe me, I tried to come up with a composition that would hide the spray head, but I could not find a picture that was as effective. I needed the green tree on the left for balance in the image.