Friday, May 17, 2013

Springtime is Lilac Time...




...in Rochester, New York.  When I went to school in Rochester, and then when I lived there, I remember that slogan.  Rochester has a Lilac festival every year, but I have never been to it.  On this trip I went to the George Eastman House, which I always do, and there weren't any Lilacs, BUT there was Wisteria in bloom in George Eastman's garden.  The Wisteria was lovely, especially given the beautiful architecture on which it grows. I couldn't decide between these two, so you get to see them both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmmm..looks like wisteria to me....
-Nancy

Ken Spencer said...

UH-OH... Yikes! Thank you. I will call Eastman House, and find out for sure. Thanks for the correction. "Springtime is Wisteria time in Rochester, New York." :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. My eye goes for the second photo.
Joan