Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Riding With Herm


This is my friend Herm.  I have known him since my first job at the Rochester Times-Union - I was a photographer and he was an art director.  He has been my mentor in so many things.  He taught me to ski, and we used to go hunting together, and then he got me involved in Amateur Radio, and then cycling.  He rode across the entire United States on a bike with a writer, for a series in the paper.  So when we go to Rochester, I now bring one of my bikes, and we get to ride together. He is four years older than me, and he can kick my butt on the hills! How did I do this shot?  I held the camera out to the side with my right arm, and just pointed it in our general direction.  I had to shoot a lot of images to finally get this one. 

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Does your bike have an air bag?

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your friend, Herm. I always thought you were the best! Hmmm :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Herm rode a bike across the entire United States. I ride 10 miles a day. No comparison! :-)