Saturday, February 11, 2023

A Quintessential New Yorker


After visiting the International Center of Photography and having lunch in a Chinese restaurant, I returned to Penn Station, as you can see, still under construction.  As I got off the subway a young woman walked past me and she was moving.  I caught a glimpse of her and realized that she is a great New York type, because she was in a hurry, and because of the way she was dressed, what she was carrying and the fact that she was texting as she went!  So I upped my pace and caught up with her but stayed even with her, and as I walked along, I pointed my camera at her sideways without looking to see what was in the frame.  I did have a wide angle lens on.  I probably snapped about 12 photographs of her walking and had no idea if she was actually in the frame!  I was thrilled to see this image when I stopped walking fast and took a look.  A quintessential New Yorker, indeed!

 

No comments: