Friday, February 3, 2023

Temperature 22 degrees, Winds 32 MPH Gusting to 42 MPH!


It was FREEZING today and the wind was howling!  I went to the store for some things, and on the way home decided to drive by Sea Cliff Beach, which faces north toward Long Island Sound.  So the wind was howling from the northwest, and blowing waves toward the beach.  Well, it was so cold last night and today that apparently the salt spray was blown up onto this railing along the boardwalk and today the railing was covered with icicles for about 30 feet, and the benches and boardwalk were also iced over!


It made for a spectacular scene!  I have never seen anything quite like this!


The first photograph I took was this view out over Long Island Sound toward New Rochelle, NY  When I got out of my car with my camera, I couldn't find any gloves, and I could only stay photographing for less than a minute before my hands were too cold.  For the ice on the railings photographs, I had found gloves so I could spend more time composing photographs.


This is a different part of the railing.  I shoot a lot of things and then end up rejecting some photographs.  This looks interesting at first but it is not as beautiful as the images where I am looking up at the blue sky.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible sight. Fantastic photos! You really captured freezing cold weather at the shore. betsey

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of the water! Trace

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!