Thursday, February 9, 2023

Stan's New Camera


I took the train to Fun City today and met Stan at the International Center of Photography to see a huge exhibit called "Face to Face."  It featured the portrait photographs of three women photographers.  I particularly wanted to see the work of  Brigitte Lacombe, I am a huge fan of her work!  On the way out of the exhibit I decided to buy a small book and as we were standing at the check out register, there was this giant model of a 35mm camera about five times actual size.  So of course Stan had to pick it up and pretend he was taking a photograph, and of course I had to take my camera and make a portrait of him with the camera.  Just two photographers having fun, like so many photographers do!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first reaction to this photo: OMG that camera is huge! Stan's hands and arms are going to get tired holding this! Hahaha! It's fake. Phew!!! I love that you are both silly together...betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Yeah, this was so funny! Lots of photographers would probably do the same thing, given the chance. Funny is good for us!