Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sun, Rock and Water


A bit too cold to ride my bike today, so I did my 2.7 mile walk to the power plant that is no longer there.  It was a soft gray overcast of high clouds and there was not much wind.  So the water in the harbor was relatively smooth.  There were some darker clouds under the overcast, so that gave varying shades of gray to the water.  As I walked south the bright reflection of the sun moved across the water with me.  When it got to the rock I stopped.  "This is the spot" I thought, and here is that photograph.  I love the smoothness of the water and all the various shades of gray, and of course the brightness of the sun.  Please click on the photograph to see the beautiful detail within it.

 

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is a really nice image. Very peaceful and minimalistic.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you! I'm into "peaceful" in these days of conflict.