Wednesday, October 4, 2023

A Moment at Dunkin'


It was Tuesday and I was standing in line at our Dunkin' Donuts waiting to order.  The group at the far table caught my attention because of the activity.  The young mom with her baby who was being hugged and lifted by the mom, and the two older people who were watching and having a conversation and laughing.  I stood watching all this for at least a minute before I woke up and realized that this was a picture.  A "moment" in time that was significant in life because these people were interacting with each other and laughing and just enjoying this moment in life that seems ordinary, but in fact which is extraordinary.  Because it is an ordinary part of the day, filled with significance because this is what life is about.  I took my "toy" camera off my belt and worked slowly. I flipped the back screen horizontal so I could look down at the camera rather than at the people, hoping that no one would notice.  And they didn't, until the very end one of them noticed the camera. I turned away to order and nothing was said, but I had managed to capture a moment of time and a snapshot of life.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a warm, sweet photo. Like you said, wonderful and significant moments that make up our lives. Trace

Anonymous said...

And not a cell phone in site… wonderful moment for sure!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see visiting over coffee with lots of smiles and no cell phones.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You said it best “capture a moment of time and a snapshot of life”. Betsey

Anonymous said...

Wonderful capture! Street Photography can be fun capturing these moments in life.

Mark