Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Drone Flight


This afternoon I decided to take my drone for a spin.  I thought I would photograph the side yard to show you that this year the lawn doesn't look like it was carpet bombed.  For some reason, it looks better than it ever has during the heat of summer.  Kathy came out to see what I was doing and so she was watching me fly the drone around.  So to demonstrate it, I said "watch this" and put the drone in maximum climb, up to it's altitude limit, by law, of 300 feet.  Then I turned it around so she could see that from that altitude it could see the harbor which is always pretty.  But I never expected to see these spectacular clouds!  What a stunning scene!  I have posted a larger than normal image, so please click on the image to see more detail.  You will see the little "spikes" of the buildings in Manhattan to the right of the clouds!



 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular photo!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like doom and gloom except for the golden hues on the sides. Cannot believe the "spikes" are buildings in Manhattan! How cool is that? Betsey

ken schwarz said...

So glad you launched your drone for this dramatic thundercloud scene over New York City in the background and Hempstead Harbor close to home. A very nice light and dark show from a vantage point not available to most of us.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great photo. Amazing how much there is to see with the drone. The clouds and the sunset in the background are beautiful. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your nice comments! I am glad you loved this "accidental" photo! Well, actually it wasn't accidental when I saw this scene, it was just accidental that I took the drone to 300 feet and then turned it toward the harbor.