Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Fishing and Talking


If it's Tuesday, then you know what day this is - Dunkin' at the Beach!  It was an absolutely beautiful day with warm temperatures and light winds and a hazy sky.  We were sitting in our beach chairs each eating our single donut when these three fisherman arrived and waded into the water and started fishing.  I mean, I think they had lines in the water, but what was wonderful was that they stayed close to each other so they could talk the whole time!  I thought this was a wonderful thing, friends hanging out together and pretending to fish!  Well, they were fishing, actually, I just didn't see them catch anything.  What I loved was the color of the sky and the color of the water matched, and it was kind of hazy.  So it almost looks like they are standing in the middle of Long Island Sound, somehow.  But they were only about 30 feet off the beach.  I did choose this photograph because of the criss-crossed fishing poles!

 

4 comments:

ken schwarz said...

The hook that pulled me into today's blog photo is the way the sun is illuminating the three fishing friends against an otherwise monochromatic backdrop. And yes, the angle of the three fishing poles also adds interest to the scene. Well done, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I liked this right away because it looks like the two older fishermen are comparing notes with the younger fisherman. Just hanging out…who cares if they don’t catch anything. The crossed poles is definitely a plus! Betsey

Anonymous said...

Refreshing photo seeing friends fishing and conversing. Love the crossed poles, but they look to close together to have the fish come nibble their bate.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: It was definitely the monochromatic background of water and sky looking almost the same that first got my attention. So there is hope for you! Carry your real camera with you, instead of just your cell phone. You have a really good eye!