Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Uhhh... Do You Want to go Flying Today?


Uhhh... Maybe not...  The weather today looked great for flying.  It was cloudy, but the clouds were at 8,000 feet all over Long Island and over in Connecticut.  So I thought I had a sure thing.  But on the way out to the airport, there were these really dark, smaller clouds that were much lower.  This view is looking west from Brookhaven Airport, which is east of Long Island MacArthur where I first started my flying.  I thought maybe we could stay "in the pattern" at the airport and just fly touch and goes, but there were rain showers to the east which were developing and expanding  None of that was in the forecast from the afternoon into the evening.  So no flying for me today, sad to say.  But you have to admit that these clouds are really beautiful.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you could not go flying. The past two days the clouds have been spectacular with a wide variety of types of clouds. Very interesting.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry that you couldn’t fly today :-( Although clouds can be magnificent, I would still prefer a sunny day to go walking and doing errands…Betsey