Friday, October 6, 2023

Two Lenses, Again


Here is another comparison of two lenses.  This is the new one, the Rokinon 50mm f/1.4 which can take photographs in the dark, it seems.  The other lens is a Sony 50mm f/2.8.  So I used both lenses to photograph Kathy's Chrysanthemums in a terra cotta pot on the front step.  As I mentioned before the new lens has a very shallow depth of field, so you will notice that not all the blossoms are in focus in this first photograph.  Notice how the leaves in the green area in the right center of the photo, are so blurred you can't tell they are leaves, and  I like this look.


In this photograph, I am using the Sony close up lens, and you can see that because I used smaller lens opening when I shot this photograph, all the blossoms are pretty much in focus, and also the leaves you can see in the opening in the upper right of this photo, are more defined.  

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the second photo because it’s clear and focused. The color of the Chysanthemum is gorgeous! Betsey

Anonymous said...

Chrysanthemum is beautiful. I prefer the second photo for is clear focus.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm going to choose the first photo. The shallow depth of field makes the blooms appear to be floating in mid-air. Very interesting illusion.

Mark