Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Going Places!


Most of my recent flying for the past couple of months has consisted of just flying around the airport, doing takeoffs and landings and trying to me more precise in my flying.  A necessary skill, obviously but I decided that it was time to GO SOMEPLACE, because that's what I always used the airplane for in all my years of flying.  That, and of course, doing aerial photographs.  So I just decided that my instructor and I should fly across Long Island Sound to Connecticut and I brought my camera to take some aerial photographs of my home state!  On the way back to Long Island, this is a view I saw and had to take because of how beautiful it was.  THIS is why I fly airplanes!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scene! Great photo! Trace

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Must have been exciting to fly back across the sound.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking! So happy you could really fly! Betsey