Tuesday, October 31, 2023

I Regret to Inform You...


This is a battery powered skeleton that we bought at Home Depot several years ago, and at Halloween it hangs from the closet door in the front hall.  When you squeeze the button on one of the hands, it's mouth starts moving and it says in a deep voice: "Don't be afraid..." and it's eyes light up bright red.  We love this thing!  I probably photographed it before for the blog.  But this Halloween I had to hang it on the front porch, where I lit it with a small spotlight I have for photography.  Why did I do this?  I regret to inform you, that after carving a Jack O' Lantern every single year since we have had this house, this year there was none!  And that is sad.  What happened is that we bought two pumpkins several weeks ago and they have been sitting on the back porch  When I went to carve one of them today I discovered they were all soft around the top!  So there was really no way I could start cutting it open.  So I put the soft pumpkin on it's platform on the front porch rail, where it could be seen, but Halloween was just not the same with out a Jack O' Lantern.  And the skeleton was hung outside for the night.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Skeleton on the front porch. Sorry you could not create a jack-o-lantern this year. With the warmer temperatures and so much rain, a lot of pumpkins did not make it to Halloween.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Your traditional carved pumpkin flopped but at least you tried. Fun skeleton! Betsey