Monday, October 30, 2023

The Grape Arbor Next Door


I happened to look out our kitchen window today while washing my hands before breakfast.  My bagel was in the toaster oven and I hesitated.  I wanted to take a photograph of the grape arbor next door because the fog separated it from the background, making the darker vines and posts stand out more than usual.  So I turned off the toaster oven, knowing my bagel would be cold when I was done.  So I had to first take everything off the window ledge, and then I had to wash the window on the inside to clean it perfectly, then I got my camera and took the photograph through the clean window.  I love the curves in the vines and I thing that is the subject of the photograph.  I didn't mind a cold bagel for this photograph.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely worth a cold bagel! Not that we had to eat it. I also love that the neighbors kept that arbor and those vines. -Amy

Anonymous said...

Great photo. I think Grape Arbors are wonderful for the fruit and the shade. I remember one in Guilford many years ago.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Just love the curving vines at the bottom of the grape arbor. Lovely photo. do remember the arbor at Westside, Joan! Oh the lengths you’ll go for a photo - giving up a hot bagel! Betsey