Saturday, October 14, 2023

An Apple A Day...


So there's a curious thing I have found that happens.  I am always looking for things to photograph.  Interesting things, things that are different or that attract my attention for some reason.  But what's funny sometimes is that commonplace objects don't attract my attention.  Because they are simple things that I see every day.  But every now and then I will look at something ordinary and think, "wow, that looks really interesting."  And then I decide to photograph the thing.  Well, every night after I have a cup of coffee, I take an apple and cut it into quarters, then I cut out the seeds in the middle and cut each quarter in half and put all the pieces on a plate, and that's how I eat an apple a day.  I am from New England and grew up with "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."  As far as I am concerned, that has always worked for me!  So this is the day I stopped to look at one of the quartered apple sections.  I just found it fascinating!  The shape is interesting, and the delicate coloring, and I liked that this quarter of an apple had the stem with it, and the seeds in the center.  So much to look at carefully.  So here it is.  What do you think?

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how one quarter set alone on stark white background can give you so much to look at. If you had taken a photo of the 8 slices on your plate, it would have been blah!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I see a face…sad …poor little apple.