Saturday, August 21, 2021

Amy and Vivian at the Beach


Amy and Vivian are back home in Los Angeles, but I have some photographs from their trip here that I haven't posted yet.  This is one of them.  We went to Sea Cliff beach for breakfast one day, and after eating, Amy took Viv and walked down toward the water.  I followed behind her with my camera.  I saw this photograph and grabbed a couple of frames.  I can't tell you why this particular image of the two of them, looking at the water somehow struck me powerfully.  Maybe it is memories of Amy at a much younger time when we would go to this beach, I just don't know.  But it is a special photograph.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminiscing about when Amy was Vivian's age can pull at your heartstrings.
Joan

Neen Reed said...

That is a special photograph and your explanation is filled with the love a father has for his daughter and his granddaughter

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your lovely comments! I really appreciate your insights. Sometimes what it is about a photograph that moves us can be mysterious.

Anonymous said...

Family memories are powerful. For someone else, this is a photo of a young woman walking her child towards the water. But for you it's seeing your wife walk to the water holding your daughter and the lovely memories of that. betsey