Tuesday, August 17, 2021

An Interesting Building, in a Strange Way


I was on the abandoned factory side of the river when I spotted this building.  I think it got my attention because it is almost perfectly square.  That seemed unusual to me, but perhaps it is common.  I guess when they decided to build this, a square was the easiest to build, and the most efficient use of space. It is so ordinary as well, with not a touch of architectural decoration in an attempt to make the building more attractive.  Of course, and this is huge, I am looking at the back of it!  Perhaps it is more attractive from the front.  Remind me to shoot the front of this building when I go to Stellafane next year, to see if it is more attractive!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing I notice is that the center windows are two thinner frames which is not symmetrical with the other windows. It almost appeared that the center of the square building was a little concave. I'll try to remind you next year to photograph the front. Yeah, right! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I noticed the roof line where it looks like the center is sagging. I will be interested to see the front side of the building next year...betsey

ken schwarz said...

I beg to differ in your assessment that this old building is completely devoid of architectural details. Please note the decorative Corbels at each corner under the roof eaves.