Sunday, August 29, 2021

And Now The Pressure is On...


So here is one of my first interesting photographs with the new Sony a7iii camera.  The pressure is on to do some great photographs with it.  I was playing around with the camera at home taking some shots here and there and beginning to learn the camera.  Then I decided to go over to the Nassau County Museum of Art, and see an exhibit in the mansion and then wander around the grounds, all the time taking photographs.  It was great shooting real photographs instead of just playing around, and taking a photograph every 5 minutes or so made me more familiar with how to use this really complex camera.  It was a nice day of photography, and here is one of the photographs I took.  How is this photograph different from how it would look if taken with my other cameras?  No different at all.  The Sony camera shines when photographing in really dim light and when shooting the night sky.  Stay tuned...



 

5 comments:

ken schwarz said...

My first impression: Perfect Lighting and Focus!

Anonymous said...

Love the winding staircase and lighting. Sounds like you had an adventurous day.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful staircase with all those spindles. You had quite an interesting day learning all about your new camera. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments. Yes, it was a really interesting day, partly because I carefully spent a couple of hours, viewing the current exhibit: "Le Belle Epoque" an exhibition capturing Paris’ age of elegance between 1880 and the eve of World War I in 1914. And then I spent an hour wandering around the grounds photographing the sculptures.

Nha said...

Nice shot Ken!