Monday, August 23, 2021

Commemorating a Life


On Saturday, August 21, there was a wonderful gathering of friends, family, and work colleagues at Scudder Beach, in Northport, to commemorate the life and passing of Clifford M. Gardiner.  Some people read poems, others recounted what a wonderful friend Cliff was to them , and others the help that Cliff had been in their lives.  There was music and songs by Sandy and Steve Edwards.  It was a very moving experience for all of us to be together, to celebrate the life of such a gentle, talented and loving friend.  Cliff was the best art director I ever worked with!   First at Newsday working on the Sunday Magazine, and then when he went to Parents' Magazine as Director of Design, where I did freelance assignments for him for about 10 years.  That collaboration and work with Cliff was some of the most rewarding work I did in my career.






 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague. It was nice that you could gather and celebrate his life.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Although I never met Cliff, I remember you spoke very highly of him as a very kind person and exceptional colleague whose friendship transcended beyond Newsday. My condolences to you and his family.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your colleague but it seems like a wonderful way to celebrate his life. betsey