Wednesday, August 4, 2021

I Was 13 Years Old at the Time


I went to top off the tank at the gas station down in Glen Cove, and when I pulled in from the street I saw this truck!  Oh man, what a beautiful truck!  And the color is astounding, right?  Does the color take you back?  I filled up, then parked my car, hoping that the truck would still be there, and it was.  I asked the owner if I could photograph it, and he said "sure."  Then I asked him about it, an he said that it is a 1955 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck.  He said that it was perfectly restored, with everything original.  I am not a "motor head" but the beauty of this truck stopped me in my tracks.


Later I did the math, and calculated that I was 13 years old at the time.  I do remember both a 1955 Chevrolet and a 1955 Ford that came in this color, and I was really taken by both of those cars, but I have no memory of seeing a pickup truck.  What a classic!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous truck. I love the second photo with the "Speedway" above the roof. I learned to drive in a 1955 Chevy, but it was a bel air.
Joan

Anonymous said...

It's a beauty! betsey