Sunday, August 1, 2021

The Rising Last Quarter Moon

                               

We observed until about 1:00 AM, and then three of us sat down and shared some conversation and a pot of tea before heading home.  I happened to stand up and look to the east and was stunned to see an orange last quarter moon rising.  Because we were sitting down between two cars, no one had noticed it!  I said to the other two, "Look. the Moon is rising!"  And we all immediately headed for our cars to grab our cameras, and scattered across the landscape to look for the best view or the most interesting foreground.  So this is my version, and I like it a lot.  This image for me is frosting on the cake for a night of observing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great photo of the moon, planets and the stars, so bright and beautiful! I love the color of the sky and the tree adds its own beauty. Great photo, love it. Trace

Anonymous said...

This photo is so cool. You captured the soft hazy moon and that "weird" tree - great combination! betsey