Saturday, July 31, 2021

Observing The Night Sky


Good morning everyone!  I am finally awake after not getting to bed until 2:30 AM.  Last night I drove out to Robert Moses State Park, which is about 40 miles away, on the south shore of Long Island.  I arrived after sunset where I met my astrophotographer friends (left to right) Faissal, Grace, Preston and Stan and not pictured, Chirag and John.  We were there to observe and photograph the night sky, so in the waning light of day I managed to get this photograph.  The glow behind them is light pollution to the west, which is so frustrating.  We observed Jupiter and Saturn, and then the rising last quarter Moon at about 1:00 AM  It was a wonderful night with friends and the night sky.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice that you can enjoy the night skies and your group of friends. It is way past my bedtime. When I looked first thing in the morning, I was happy to see your post that it was 2:30 and you would not be posting, otherwise I would worry. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like that he is pointing up to Jupiter (or a star) in your photo. betsey