Monday, July 12, 2021

The Yellow Building


I was in Huntington today having lunch with a group of ASLI club members, which was nice.  They started doing that several months ago when restaurants were allowed to serve people outdoors and we usually sat on the patio.  But today we were indoors, and maskless, and it seemed safe.  I have not been in a bookstore for a year and a half, and Huntington does have one of the great bookstores, "Book Revue" so I went in and wandered around and looked at books for an hour, which was just wonderful after all this time!  On the way back to the car I passed this bright yellow building that is boarded up and empty.  I have no idea of what was here before, or why someone would want to paint it bright yellow.  Maybe to attract attention?  Who knows. It sure does stick out like a sore thumb!

 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I thought it would interesting to use Google Earth to try and locate your yellow building (by architecture not by color) while I was waiting for my girl friend to start the morning cappuccino process. I could not find anything near the bookstore that looked like the subject of today's blog. A fun little exercise... but no luck.

Anonymous said...

I thought this was another photo from California until I read about your photo. It is the same color as my neighbors front door and I believe their kitchen appliances, although I have yet to see inside. Sad to see any business boarded up.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I also thought the bright yellow building would be in CA. It is definitely an attention getter. Sad to see it boarded up. I can imagine how you felt walking around the book store as I was elated when my library opened to the public for "limited browsing" times. Felt great to look at audio books. regular books and DVD's instead of doing it online. betsey