Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Setting Sun


Our schedule has been different this week because of the holiday, so it was last night that we went to McDonalds for our ritual ice cream cone.  While there I noticed the orange ball of the sun setting in the west, and I quickly calculated that after we ate our ice cream cones, we could drive to Memorial Park which overlooks the sound and I might get a photograph of the sun close to the horizon.  It needs to be hazy so that the sun's illumination is dimmed, but if it is too hazy, then the sun can disappear into clouds way before it gets to the horizon.  So I was lucky, and got this photograph of the sun setting over buildings in New Rochelle, New York.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Perfect haze covering with the warm glow of the sun. Trace

Anonymous said...

What a contrast of dark and light. I love the bright pink against the dark gray of the buildings. betsey