Sunday, July 18, 2021

I Don't Go to the City, and Look What Happens


So it has been over a year and a half since I was last in the city.  Well, actually I have been here several times in the last month, but on this day, I headed from Penn Station over to the west side to go to B&H Photo.  I may have taken photos back in 2019 of some construction going up, but at that time it would just have been steel work.  But this time I saw the finished building for the first time and it was stunning, sheathed in curved blue grass.  The structure is called 1 Manhattan West, and is a 67-story office skyscraper, containing 2.1 million square feet. It is astounding to me how many new buildings have been going up in Manhattan recently. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a nice photo of the contrast of the different shapes, colors and sizes of buildings in the city. For me, the skyscraper lacks the beauty of the natural world but it sure is impressive how humans (like the size of the person in the photo) are able to design and build these amazing structures. Trace

Anonymous said...

Although the building is impressive, I would prefer a stone building or brick building with some adornment or design. I do like the photo showing all the contrast. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your comments! The skyscrapers tend to be soul-less, I think.